Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Retro Game (Pre 2000 games)

Go down

Favorite Retro Game (Pre 2000 games) Empty Favorite Retro Game (Pre 2000 games)

Post by Jaosals 6/11/2009, 1:01 pm

Out of all the games I've played yet that date to before 2000, my favorite game would probably have to be the original Sin. I love the various locales and the interesting inventory of weapons that are unique while not being too extraordinary to believe. Plus, the enemies were pretty interesting as well and often matched well with their respective environments. I also liked the fact that missions were varied in objectives and that there were many ways to complete a certain section of the game, doing more or less to reach the end; it was a game that would keep you occupied for days at a time and had a high replay value due to the many missions and sub-missions included in it. Puzzles in the game were logical for the game's time and the physics were also pretty good.

I personally think the main character is a little over-the-top, and the cursing is a little excessive, though either way that really doesn't matter. The game was good in pretty much every other way imaginable. I was a little disappointed by the additional Sin Episode released about three years back because it just didn't have the same charm that the original game had for it's era. The story began to get a little blah and the general gameplay was about the same thing, IMO: fight, enter a building, fight again, enter another building, get knocked out...

In the end, the original Sin is my favorite retro game with all it's interesting features, despite really minor setbacks. I really enjoyed it and if you can get it to run, it's really a good cheap game to consider trying.

Jaosals

Back to top Go down